We have been supporting the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity for almost 20 years. What was the record amount for the heart auctioned and what else are the company and its employees doing to help the youngest? It started more than 20 years ago with a teddy bear and ended… with a record-breaking auction of a Golden Heart for PLN 1.2 million!
Here we go!
The first serious involvement in supporting the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity began in 2013 with the auctioning of the Golden Heart with number twelve. In subsequent years, we always managed to be on the podium, increasing the collection with Golden Hearts numbered 1, 2 or 3. In 2016, exceptionally, instead of a heart, we auctioned a Golden Phone Card for the amount of PLN 100,000. In addition to participating in the Most Generous Donor Auction, we organised interesting events to support the Great Orchestra. In 2018, we put up for auction a day in a Lamborghini Aventador, while in 2019 we are auctioning a meeting with the legendary volleyball player, Giba.
Record with the Orchestra
2018 also saw an unbeaten record for Golden Hearts auctioned to date. The most valuable one, with the number one, was auctioned for PLN 1.2 million. On this occasion, in 2020, Jurek Owsiak personally came to our headquarters in Łódź to present the heart to the company’s management and meet with employees. It is worth mentioning that the record-breaking heart also supported other charity events, as it was put up for auction to raise money for the treatment of Franio from Namysłów. It was eventually bought back by BIO-GEN for PLN 20,000. During the next, 29th GOCC finale, which took place in 2021, we also auctioned a Golden Heart with the number one, which we put up for auction to support the treatment of MukoNiedzielek. It was eventually bought back by us for PLN 20,000. The thirtieth anniversary final is another number one addition to our collection. This time we supported the foundation with PLN 777,777. The handing over of the heart took place during the official unveiling of the GOCC statue in Łódź, in the presence of Jurek Owsiak and the city’s mayor, Hanna Zdanowska.
BIO-GEN and GOCC are first and foremost people
The charity actions of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity also support our employees. During the last 30th finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, we collected money in Manufaktura in Łódź, where we had our stand. An amount of PLN 9 394.84 was donated to our cans. We were supported in our activities by special guest Karol Bielecki. We also took part, in the good company of other companies, schools, firefighters, paramedics and others, in the celebration of World Heart Restoration Day. In Manufaktura in Łódź, we rescued mannikins while perfecting the skills of proper first aid. According to BIO-GEN founder and owner Jarosław Peczka, the GOCC finale and the associated auction is a celebration both at home and at work. He also points out that the day unifies the team enormously:
I can see that the company is working towards something that it can later share, that it is not just the money that counts, but just such valuable initiatives. Every year, the day after the auction, we get together to hug and congratulate each other on having made it again. This gives you incredible energy and motivation to work hard for the next twelve months so that you can do something worthwhile once again later.
- 2013 – 21st Finale – Golden Heart No. 13
- 2014 – 22nd Finale – Golden Heart No. 3 – PLN 40 004
- 2015 – 23rd Finale – Golden Heart No. 2 – PLN 200 000
- 2016 – 24th Finale – Gold Telephone Card – PLN 100 000
- 2017 – 25th Finale – Golden Heart No. 3 – PLN 130 000
- 2018 – 26th Finale – Golden Heart No. 2 – PLN 449 999
- 2018 – additional auction with proceeds going to the GOCC account – “A day with a Lamborghini Aventador”
- 2019 – 27th Finale – Golden Heart No. 1 – PLN 1,200,000 – a record in the GOCC history
- 2019 – Additional auction with proceeds going to the GOCC account – “Meeting with volleyball legend Giba”
- 2020 – 28th Finale – Golden Heart No. 1 – PLN 250 000
- 2020 – The heart has again been auctioned for charity for the treatment of Fran from Namyslow. Repurchased by us for PLN 20,000
- 2021 – 29th Finale – Golden Heart No. 1 – 677 777 zł
- 2020 – The heart has again been auctioned for charity for the treatment of MukoNiedzielek. Repurchased by us for PLN 20,000
- 2022 – 30th Finale – Golden Heart No. 1 – PLN 777 777
- 2022 – A stand in Łódź’s Manufaktura, starring the legendary handball player Karol Bielecki. A total of PLN 9,394.84 was donated to the cans of our employees.